Tuesday, May 20, 2014

We Are Athletes

image

What A Freaking Year!   It’s Been A Balloon Fest!

2013-2014 Has Been A great year for Kathy and myself. Even though I was diagnosed with Diabetes, I took steps immediately to Control the Disease instead of it controlling me. But enough of the Diabetes for now, you heard a lot about it in my first Blogs.
This is about Kathy and I having a Ball, We are Athletes, yes Athletes. Kathy started running 5k to half marathons last year at the age of 60, I started Cycling at the age of 61 and we are still enjoying doing what we do. This May 17th. I’m hoping, no I will, do a Century Tour at Jacksonville’s Tour de Cure, where it all began for me.By the way, I actually ran a 5K at Disney also, what a trip!
image
The Only Thing Kathy Has More Of Than The Balloons……..Is The Medals She Earned,
Kathy did All of RunDisney’s Half Marathons with a 10 miler, 10K and 5Ks thrown In. She Did the Following Races and Challenges:
1. Epcot’s Wine & Dine
2. Tower of Terror 10 Miler (x2) w/ 5K
3. TinkerBell (California)
4. Marathon Weekend
5. Princess (2x) Plus 5K10K and Glass Slipper Challenge (This One Also Got Her the Coast to Coast Challenge)
I Have Done the Jacksonville Tour de Cure (35 Miles) ,
Jersey Shore Tour de Cure Metric Century (62.3 miles),
Lake Nona/Orlando Tour de Cure (30 miles) with Kathy and 
SWFL Tour de Cure (35 miles).
Winter Garden Bike Works’ Cancer Awareness Ride (35 miles)
I Also Completed the Horrible Hundred (78 Miles Tour) In the Hills of Lake County besides the Many Rides on the West Orange, South Lake and Withlacoochee Trails. 2014 Hillsbrough County Fallen Heros Memorial Ride (27 miles) North Florida Bicycle Club's Tour de Forts (Metric Century)  -And-
Yes, My First 5K Run at RunDisney - also Place 3rd in my Age Division in my Second 5K Run at Lake Minneola Races.  
So You See, even at the age of 62+ we are enjoying ourselves and that’s why WE ARE ATHLETES!  

No comments:

Post a Comment